ETYM Latin genuinus, from genere, gignere, to beget, in pass., to be born: cf. French génuine. Related to Gender.
1. Not fake or counterfeit.
2. Not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed; SYN. true, unfeigned.
1. Free of extraneous elements of any kind
2. Not mixed; SYN. unmixed, undiluted.
3. Having no faults; sinless
4. Free from discordant qualities.
5. Concerned with theory and data rather than practice; opposed to applied
6. In a state of sexual virginity; SYN. vestal, virgin, virginal, virtuous.