1. To accept despite complete satisfaction
2. To arrange or fix in the desired order
3. To become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet
4. To become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style; SYN. take root, steady down, settle down.
5. To cause to settle, as of liquids.
6. To come to rest; SYN. halt.
7. To dispose of; make a financial settlement.
8. To end a legal dispute by arriving at a settlement
9. To establish or develop as a residence:
10. To form a community
11. To get one's revenge for a wrong or an injury; SYN. get back.
12. To settle conclusively; come to terms; SYN. square off, square up, determine.
13. To settle into a position; SYN. settle down.
14. To take up residence and become established; SYN. locate, relocate.