1. To assure payment of.
2. To relieve from exposure to danger; act to make safe against adverse contingencies
3. To put beyond hazard of losing or of not receiving; guarantee
4. To give pledge of payment to (a creditor) or of (an obligation)
5. To take (a person) into custody; hold fast; pinion; to make fast
6. To get secure usually lasting possession or control of; bring about, effect
1. To make secure; to give assurance against harm; to guarantee safety to.
2. To give assurances or proof; to justify; to maintain; to sanction.
3. To give a guarantee or warranty to; to assure as if by giving a warrant to.
4. To secure to, as a grantee, an estate granted; to assure.