ETYM Latin annuntiatio: cf. French annonciation.
1. The act of announcing; announcement; proclamation.
2. The announcement of the incarnation, made by the angel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary.
3. The festival celebrated (March 25th) by the Church of England, of Rome, etc., in memory of the angel's announcement, on that day.
ETYM Latin editio, from edere to publish; cf. French édition. Related to Edit.
1. All of the identical copies of something offered to the public at the same time; or or.
2. An issue of a newspaper.
3. The form in which a text (especially a printed book) is published.