ETYM Latin constructio: cf. French construction.
1. A group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit; SYN. expression.
2. An interpretation of a text or action; SYN. twist.
3. Drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem.
4. The act of constructing or building something; SYN. building.
5. The commercial activity involved in constructing buildings; SYN. building.
6. The creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought; SYN. mental synthesis.
ETYM Cf. dessein, dessin.
1. A decorative or artistic work; SYN. pattern, figure.
2. A preliminary sketch indicating the plan for something.
3. An arrangement scheme; SYN. plan.
4. The act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan); SYN. designing.
figuration / fɪɡjəreɪʃən /
Množina reči figuration je figurations.
ETYM Latin figuratio.
1. Decorating with a design.
2. Representing figuratively as by emblem or allegory.
the act of giving figure or form.
ETYM Cf. French organisation.
(Alternate spelling: organisation).
1. An ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; SYN. organisation, system.
2. The activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; SYN. organisation, arrangement.
3. The act of organizing a business or business-related activity; SYN. organisation.
4. A group of people who work together; SYN. organisation.