A trellis or archway supporting climbing plants; SYN. arbour, bower, pergola. Main shaft or beam; spindle or axle (of wheel).
1. A spindle or axle of a wheel
2. A main shaft or beam
3. A shaft on which a revolving cutting tool is mounted
4. A spindle on a cutting machine that holds the work to be cut
Anchor carried at bow of a ship.
1. An attractive dwelling or retreat
2. A lady's private apartment in a medieval hall or castle
3. A shelter (as in a garden) made with tree boughs or vines twined together; arbor
espalier / espæljər /
Množina reči espalier je espaliers.
ETYM French espalier, from Italian spalliera, from spalla shoulder, the same word as French épaule. Related to Epaulet.
A trellis on which ornamental shrub or fruit tree is trained to grow flat.
Lattice on which trees are trained across.
Lattice, especially for trained fruit tree; such tree.