ETYM agentia, from Latin agens, agentis: cf. French agence. Related to Agent.
1. A business that serves other businesses.
2. An administrative unit of government; SYN. government agency, bureau, office, authority.
3. The state of being in action or exerting power.
4. The state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
5. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved
1. The act of conforming or producing conformity; adaptation
2. Formation of something by appropriate arrangement of parts or elements; an assembling into a whole
3. Correspondence especially to a model or plan; structure; the shape or proportionate dimensions especially of an animal; any of the spatial arrangements of a molecule that can be obtained by rotation of the atoms about a single bond
ETYM Latin institutio: cf. French institution.
1. A building or complex of buildings where an organization for the promotion of some cause is situated.
2. A custom that for a long time has been an important feature of some group or society.
3. An organization founded and united for a specific purpose; SYN. establishment.
ETYM Cf. French organisation.
(Alternate spelling: organisation).
1. An ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; SYN. organisation, system.
2. The activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; SYN. organisation, arrangement.
3. The act of organizing a business or business-related activity; SYN. organisation.
4. A group of people who work together; SYN. organisation.