ETYM French département, from départir. Related to Depart.
1. A specialized division of a large organization; SYN. section.
2. A specialized sphere of knowledge.
3. The territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France).
desk / desk /
Množina reči desk je desks.
ETYM Old Eng. deske, the same word as dish, disk. Related to Dish, Disk.
A piece of furniture with a writing surface and usually drawers or other compartments.
1. A table, frame, or case with a sloping or horizontal surface especially for writing and reading and often with drawers, compartments, and pigeonholes.
2. A reading table or lectern from which a liturgical service is read.
3. A table, counter, stand, or booth at which a person works.
4. A division of an organization specializing in a particular phase of activity.
5. A seating position according to rank in an orchestra.
1. The capacity for being stretched; SYN. stretchiness, stretchability.
2. Extension to or beyond the ordinary limit
3. An unbroken period of time during which one does something; SYN. stint.
4. A large and unbroken expanse or distance
5. (Racing) A straight section of a racetrack.
6. Exercise designed to extend the limbs and muscles to their full extent; SYN. stretching.