ETYM Old Fren. paste, French pâte, Latin pasta. Related to Pasty, Patty.
1. An adhesive made from water and flour or starch; used on paper and paperboard; SYN. library paste.
2. Any mixture of a soft and malleable consistency.
pasty / peɪsti /
Množina reči pasty je pasties.
ETYM Old Fren. pasté, French pâté. Related to Paste, Patty.
Small meat pie or turnover.
1. A meat dish baked with biscuit or pastry crust — compare potpie.
2. A dessert consisting of a filling (as of fruit or custard) in a pastry shell or topped with pastry or both.
3. Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top.