ETYM AS. cearful.
1. Cautiously attentive; SYN. heedful.
2. Exercising caution or showing care or attention.
3. (Archaic) Full of cares or anxiety.
4. Mindful of the future in spending money; SYN. thrifty.
5. With care and dignity; SYN. deliberate, measured.
ETYM Cf. Latin cautus, from caver. Related to Caution.
1. Showing careful forethought.
2. Unwilling to take risks.
3. Careful in attitude and careful in actions; prudent.
4. Avoiding excess; SYN. conservative.
ETYM Latin deliberatus, p. p. of deliberare to deliberate; de- + librare to weigh. Related to Librate.
1. By conscious design or purpose; SYN. intentional, knowing, willful, wilful.
2. Marked by careful consideration or reflection.
1. Done with delicacy and skill; SYN. skillful.
2. Pleasant or pleasing or agreeable in nature or appearance; SYN. pleasant, agreeable, charming, affable, amenable.
3. Possessing, marked by, or demanding great or excessive precision and delicacy.
ETYM Latin observans, -anits, p. pr. of observare: cf. French observant. Related to Observe.
1. Paying close attention especially to details.
2. Quick to notice; showing quick and keen perception; SYN. observing.
ETYM Latin vigilans, -antis, p. pr. of vigilare to watch, from vigil awake: cf. French vigilant. Related to Vigil.
Attentive to discover and avoid danger, or to provide for safety; wakeful; watchful; circumspect; wary.