1. To be present at (meetings, church services, university), etc.; SYN. go to.
2. To be present.
3. To apply oneself to.
4. To give heed (to); SYN. pay attention, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear.
5. (usually followed by 'to') To take charge of; SYN. take care, look, see.
6. To accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result.
ETYM Cf. as. woeccan, wacian. Related to Watch, Wake.
1. To see or view; SYN. view, see, catch, take in.
2. To observe with attention; SYN. look on.
3. To look attentively.
4. To follow with the eyes or the mind; SYN. observe, follow, watch over, keep an eye on.
5. To be vigilant, be on the lookout, be on one's guard, be careful; SYN. look out, watch out.