1. Cooking (bread) by dry heat in an oven; SYN. bake.
2. Creating bread or pastry in an oven; SYN. bakery.
cooking in an oven by dry heat. It is the method used for most breads, cakes, cookies, and pastries.
ETYM Old Eng. filet, felet, from Old Fren. filet thread, fillet of meat, dim. of fil a thread, from Latin filum. Related to Fille a row.
1. A boneless steak cut from the tenderloin of beef; SYN. filet.
2. A longitudinal slice or boned side of a fish; SYN. filet, fish fillet, fish filet.
3. A narrow strip of welded metal used to join steel members; SYN. stopping.
1. A piece of meat suitable for roasting
2. A gathering at which food is roasted before an open fire or in hot ashes or sand
3. An act or process of roasting; specifically; severe banter or criticism
4. A banquet honoring a person (as a celebrity) who is subjected to humorous tongue-in-cheek ridicule by friends
5. A piece of meat roasted or for roasting and of a size for slicing into more than one portion; SYN. joint.