1. To go into retirement; stop performing one's work or withdraw from one's position
2. To make (someone) retire
3. To withdraw from active participation:; SYN. withdraw.
4. To withdraw from circulation or form the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds.
5. To lose interest; SYN. withdraw.
6. To dispose of; as of old clothes; SYN. pension off.
7. (Baseball) To; SYN. put out.
superannuate / suːpərænjʊeɪt /
1. To become obsolete.
2. To declare to be obsolete.
3. To retire and pension (someone) because of age or physical inability.
4. To retire or become ineligible because of old age or infirmity.
5. To discharge as being too old