1. To address a question to and expect an answer from.
2. To direct or put a question to; seek an answer to; SYN. pose.
3. To inquire about; SYN. inquire, enquire.
4. To make a request of or for:.
5. To make a request or demand for something to somebody.
6. To consider obligatory; request and expect; SYN. require, expect.
7. To require or ask for as a price or condition.
To query with the expectation of an immediate response. For example, a computer may interrogate an attached terminal to determine the terminal’s status (readiness to transmit or receive).
To pose a series of questions to; SYN. question.