ETYM Old Eng. corage heart, mind, will, courage, Old Fren. corage, French courage, from a Late Lat. derivative of Latin cor heart. Related to Heart.
A quality of spirit that enables one to face danger of pain without showing fear; SYN. courageousness, bravery.
ETYM French cupidite, Latin cupiditas, from cupidus longing, desiring, from cupere to long for, desire. Related to Covet.
1. A passionate desire; love.
2. Eager or inordinate desire, especially for wealth; greed of gain; avarice; covetousness.
desire / dəzaɪər /
Množina reči desire je desires.
ETYM French désir, from désirer. Related to Desire.
1. An inclination to want things.
2. Something that is desired.
3. The feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state.
ETYM as. lust, lust, pleasure, longing; akin to os., Dutch, German, and Swed. lust, Dan. and Icel. lyst, Goth lustus, and perh. tom Skr. lush to desire, or to Eng. loose. Related to List to please, Listless.
Self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins); SYN. luxuria.