(Spanish) keen follower of sport; “fan”.
A person who likes, knows about, and appreciates a usually fervently pursued interest or activity; devotee
A serious devotee of some particular music genre or musical performer
ETYM Old Eng. pilgrim, pelgrim, pilegrim, pelegrim; cf. Dutch pelgrim, Old High Germ. piligrîm, German pilger, French pčlerin, Italian pellegrino; all from Latin peregrinus a foreigner.
1. Journeys in foreign lands; SYN. palmer.
2. One who journeys to a sacred place.
Množina reči votarist je votarists.
votary / voʊtəri /
Množina reči votary je votaries.
1. A devoted (almost religiously so) adherent of a cause or person or activity.
2. A priest or priestess (or consecrated worshipper) in a non-Christian religion or cult.
3. One bound by vows to a religion or life of worship or service.
4. Person vowed or devoted to God, etc.