ETYM Cf. diplomatique.
1. Able to take a broad view of negotiations between states; SYN. wise.
2. Relating to or characteristic of diplomacy.
3. Skilled in dealing with sensitive matters or people; SYN. diplomatical.
ETYM Latin politicus political, Greek, belonging to the citizens or to the state, from polis city: cf. French politique. Related to Police, ePolitical.
1. Marked by artful prudence, expedience, and shrewdness.
2. Smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication.
3. Wise, prudent, expedient; artful, devious; shrewd.
1. Involving or characteristic of politics or parties or politicians
2. Of or relating to the profession of governing
3. Of or relating to one's views about social relationships involving authority or power