1. To meet in the way of opposition; to come into conflict with; to oppose; to contradict; to obstruct the operation of; to defeat.
2. To violate; to nullify; to be inconsistent with.
3. Infringe; oppose.
1. To reach above or beyond; overtop
2. To defeat (oneself) by seeking to do or gain too much
3. To get the better of especially in dealing and bargaining and typically by unscrupulous or crafty methods
4 of a horse; to strike the forefoot with the front part of the hind foot
5. To go to excess; exaggerate
6. To overreach oneself
7. To fail by aiming too high or trying too hard.