1. To cause to change; make different; cause a transformation; SYN. alter.
2. To make or become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; SYN. alter, vary.
3. To undergo a change; become different in essence; losing one's or its original nature.
4. To exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category; SYN. exchange, commute, convert.
5. To remove or replace the coverings of.
6. To change clothes; put on different clothes.