1. To put into a proper or systematic order; SYN. set up.
2. To arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events, etc.; SYN. set up, put, order.
3. To make arrangements for.
4. To make arrangements for; SYN. fix up.
5. To adapt for performance in a different way; SYN. set.
ETYM French réformer, Latin reformare; pref. re- re- + formare to form, from forma form. Related to Form.
1. To change for the better; SYN. straighten out.
2. To make reforms in; change for the better.
3. To subject to spiritual regeneration; SYN. regenerate.
4. To produce by cracking, of oil or gas.
5. To break up the molecules (of oil or gas).
ETYM as. unwindan. Related to Un-, and Wind to coil.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: unwound).
1. To reverse the winding or twisting of; SYN. wind off, unroll.
2. To separate the tangles of; SYN. disentangle.