1. To secure by bonds; to chain; to hold tightly.
2. To bring into a narrow compass; to compress.
3. To hold back by force; to restrain; to repress.
4. To compel; to force; to necessiate; to oblige.
5. To produce in such a manner as to give an unnatural effet; SYN. To compel; force; drive; impel; urge; press.
1. To bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted
2. To constrain by physical, moral, or legal force or by the exigencies of circumstance
3. To put in one's debt by a favor or service
4. To do a favor for
5. To do something as or as if as a favor.