/ ɪntəmət /
Množina reči intimate je intimates.
intimate with · knowledgeable · knowledgeable about · sexual
close · cozy · experienced · experient · familiar · friendly · informal · inner · internal · intrinsic · intrinsical · knowledgeable · sexual · sexy · versed
ETYM Formerly intime, Latin intimus, a superl. corresponding to the compar. interior: cf. French intime. The form intimate is due to confusion with intimate, v. t. Related to Interior.
1. Thoroughly acquainted with through study or experience; SYN. intimate with, knowledgeable, knowledgeable about.
2. Indicating knowledge of personal details that only a close confidant could have.
3. Involved in a sexual relationship; SYN. sexual.
4. Showing profound and detailed knowledge and understanding as from long study.
5. Closely interconnected or interrelated.