1. To fail to hit the intended target.
2. To fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind; SYN. lose.
3. To fail to reach or get to:
4. To fail to reach
5. To be absent
6. To fail to experience; SYN. escape.
7. To fail to attend an event or activity:
8. To be without; SYN. lack.
9. To feel or suffer from the lack of:
muff / məf /
1. To handle awkwardly; bungle
2. To fail to hold (a ball) when attempting a catch
3. To fail to catch, as of a ball.
4. To act or do something stupidly or clumsily
5. To muff a ball — compare fumble
mull / məl /
1. To grind or mix thoroughly; pulverize
2. To consider at length; ponder — often used with over
3. To heat with sugar and spices to make a hot drink