1. To learn by repetition; SYN. exercise, practice, practise.
2. To teach by repetition.
3. To train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons.
4. To undergo military training or do military exercises.
5. To perforate, as with a drill.
1. To examine in order to test suitability; SYN. screen out, sieve, sort.
2. To examine methodically; test for suitability.
3. To prevent from entering, as of light; SYN. block out.
4. To project onto a screen for viewing; of films.
5. To test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; SYN. test.