ETYM Old Eng. calculation, from Latin calculatio; cf. Old Fren. calcucation.
1. Planning something carefully and intentionally; SYN. deliberation.
2. Problem solving that involves numbers or quantities; SYN. computation, figuring, reckoning.
3. The procedure of calculating; determining something by mathematical or logical methods; SYN. computation.
ETYM Latin computatio: cf. French computation.
1. The act or process of computing; calculation; reckoning.
2. The result of computation; the amount computed. SYN. Reckoning; calculation; estimate; account.
ETYM Latin numeratio a counting out: cf. French numération.
1. Naming numbers.
2. The act or process or an instance of counting or numbering; also; a system of counting or numbering.
3. An act or instance of designating by a number.