/ dɪsəplən /
subject · subject area · subject field · field · field of study · study · branch of knowledge · correction
ETYM French discipline, Latin disciplina, from discipulus. Related to Disciple.
1. A branch of knowledge; SYN. subject, subject area, subject field, field, field of study, study, branch of knowledge.
2. A system of rules of conduct or method of practice; or.
3. The act of punishing; SYN. correction.
4. The trait of being well behaved.
5. Training to improve strength or self-control.