1. To examine hastily; SYN. skim, rake, glance over, run down.
2. To glance over or read superficially.
3. To make a wide, sweeping search of
4. To move a light beam over; in electronics, to reproduce an image.
5. To examine minutely or intensely.
6. To read metrically
7. To conform to a metrical pattern; said of poetic verse.
Učitati tekst, slike ili trakasti kod u računar. Postiže se pomoću uređaja koji se zove skener.
scan / skæn /
1. In television and computer display technologies, to move an electron beam across the inner surface of the screen, one line at a time, to light the phosphors that create a displayed image.
2. In facsimile and other optical technologies, to move a light-sensitive device across an image-bearing surface such as a page of text, converting the light and dark areas on the surface to binary digits that can be interpreted by a computer.