1. To remove objects of obstruction
2. To clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.
3. To go away or disappear
4. To make a way or path by removing objects:
5. To make clear, bright, light, or translucent
6. To pass by, over, or under without making contact; SYN. top.
7. To remove (people) from a building
8. To remove the occupants of
9. To rid of instructions or data
10. To sell
11. To settle, as of a debt
12. To free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment
13. To pass an inspection or receive authorization
14. To be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts
To restore a device to a prescribed initial state, usually the zero state.
1. To empty completely.
2. To excrete or discharge from the body; SYN. void, eliminate, empty.
3. To move out of an unsafe location into safety.
4. To move people from their homes or country.
5. To create a vacuum in (a bulb, flask, reaction vessel, etc.); SYN. exhaust.
1. To remove from a position or an office.
2. To remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, taking off, etc.; or remove something abstract; SYN. take, take away.
3. To shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes; SYN. transfer.