1. Slightly short of or not quite accomplished; ('most' is used informally for 'almost' as in). (Of actions or states)
2. All around or on all sides; SYN. around.
3. In or to a reversed position or direction; SYN. around.
4. In rotation or succession
5. In the area or vicinity; SYN. around.
6. To or among many different places or in no particular direction; SYN. around.
ETYM as. hrathor, compar. of hrathe, hraethe, quickly, immediately. Related to Rath.
1. On the contrary; SYN. instead.
2. To some (great or small) extent; SYN. kind of, kinda, sort of.
3. More correctly speaking.
4. To the contrary; instead.
5. In some degree; somewhat — often used as a mild intensive.