ETYM Latin placidus, originally, pleasing, mild, from placere to please: cf. French placide. Related to Please.
1. Free from disturbance; SYN. quiet, still, tranquil, unruffled.
2. Without untoward incident or disruption; SYN. quiet.
1. Free of noise or uproar; or making little if any sound.
2. Characterized by an absence or near absence of agitation or activity.
3. Not showy or obtrusive; SYN. restrained.
4. (Astronomy; of the sun) Characterized by a low level of surface phenomena like sun spots e.g.
serene / səriːn /
Množina reči serene je serenes.
ETYM Latin serenus to grow dry.
1. Calm and peaceful.
2. Completely clear and fine.