ETYM French apparence, Latin apparentia, from apparere. Related to Appear.
1. The event of coming into sight.
2. Outward or visible aspect of a person or thing; SYN. visual aspect.
3. The act of appearing in public view.
4. Pretending that something is the case in order to make a good impression; SYN. show.
5. Formal attendance (in court or at a hearing) of a party in an action; SYN. appearing, coming into court.
In philosophy, what is visible, or manifest to the senses, but is ultimately illusory. Hence, appearance is usually contrasted with reality, and so the term often occurs in idealism and skepticism.
visage / vɪzədʒ /
ETYM French visage, from Latin visus a seeing, a look, from videre, visum, to see. Related to Vision.
The face, countenance, or look of a person or an animal.
Reč dana | 19.09.2020.
Više od 500.000 poseta u toku meseca. Pridruži nam se i ti.