1. To be afraid or feel anxious or apprehensive about a possible or probable situation or event.
2. To be afraid or scared of; be frightened of; SYN. dread.
3. To be sorry; used to introduce an unpleasant statement.
4. To be uneasy or apprehensive about.
fright / fraɪt /
To impress with sudden fear; to frighten; to alarm.
funk / fəŋk /
1. To become frightened and shrink back
2. To be afraid of; dread
3. To shrink from undertaking or facing
panic / pænɪk /
1. To cause panic in; fill with panic
2. To feel panic