One of the four principal compass points north, south, east, and west.
quarter / kwɔːrtər /
ETYM French quartier, Latin quartarius a fourth part, from quartus the fourth. Related to Quart.
1. A fourth; one fourth of an evenly divided whole.
2. A US coin worth one fourth of a dollar.
3. A unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour.
4. A fourth part of a year; three months.
5. One of four periods into which the school year is divided.
6. One of four periods of play into which some games are divided.
7. One of the four major division of the compass.
8. A district of a city having some distinguishing character.
9. The part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp.
10. (British) A quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds).
11. (US) A quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds).
Reč dana | 19.09.2020.
Više od 500.000 poseta u toku meseca. Pridruži nam se i ti.