1. To utter in a loud voice or announce
2. To order, request, or command to come; SYN. send for.
3. To send a message or attempt to reach someone by radio, phone, etc.; make a signal to in order to transmit a message
4. To order or request or give a command for
5. To declare in the capacity of an umpire or referee
6. To order or request for a specific duty or role
7. To read aloud to check for omissions or absentees
8. To ascribe a quality to or give a name that reflects a quality
9. To require the presentation of for redemption before maturation
10. To stop or postpone because of adverse conditions, such as bad weather
11. To call a meeting; invite or command to meet
12. To utter a characteristic note or cry
13. To challenge (somebody) to make good on a statement; charge with or censure for an offense
14. To consider or regard as being
15. To demand payment of, as of a loan; SYN. call in.
16. To give the calls (to the dancers) for a square dance; SYN. call off.
17. To indicate a decision in regard to (sports):
18. To lure by imitating the characteristic call of an animal: