1. To choke, retch, or have a spasm causing one to regurgitate; SYN. heave.
2. To cause to retch or choke; SYN. choke.
3. To make jokes or quips; SYN. quip.
4. To prevent from speaking; SYN. muzzle.
5. To struggle for breath; SYN. choke, suffocate.
1. To become quiet or quieter; SYN. quiet, quieten, quiesce, quiet down, pipe down.
2. To become quiet or still; fall silent.
3. To cause to be quiet or not talk; SYN. silence, quieten, still, shut up, hush up.
4. To run water over the ground to erode (soil), revealing the underlying strata and valuable minerals; in mining.
5. To wash by removing particles; in mining.