ETYM as. innera, a compar. from inne within, from in in. Related to In.
1. Innermost or essential; SYN. internal, intimate.
2. Located inward.
3. Located or occurring within or closer to a center.
4. Exclusive to a center; especially a center of influence.
5. (Anatomy) Inside or closer to the inside of the body.
ETYM Latin internus; akin to interior. Related to Interior.
1. Happening or arising or located within some limits or especially surface.
2. Occurring within an institution or community; SYN. intragroup.
ETYM Latin intrinsecus inward, on the inside; intra within + secus otherwise, beside; akin to Eng. second: cf. French intrinsčque. Related to Inter-, Second, Extrinsic.
1. Belonging to a thing by its very nature; SYN. intrinsical.
2. (Anatomy) Situated within or belonging solely to the organ or body part on which it acts.
3. Inward; inherent.