ETYM Latin os, oris, the mouth, akin to Skr. âs. Related to Adore, Orison, Usher.
1. Of or relating to or affecting or for use in the mouth.
2. Using speech rather than writing; SYN. unwritten.
3. (Psychoanalysis) A stage in psychosexual development when the child's interest is concentrated in the mouth; fixation at this stage is said to result in dependence, selfishness, and aggression.
4. (Anatomy) Of or involving the mouth or mouth region or the surface on which the mouth is located.
ETYM French, from Latin verbalis. Related to Verb.
1. Communicated in the form of words.
2. Expressed in spoken words.
3. Relating to or having facility in the use of words.
4. Of or relating to or formed from a verb.
5. Of or relating to or formed from words in general.