Prevedi ustuknuti na: francuski · nemački
Sinonimi:back off · back up · bow out · chicken out · pull out
1. To retreat or withdraw from a promise, engagement, or contest; to recede.
2. When one side in a disagreement stops making threats and lets the other have what it wants or do what it wants, the side that stops making threats backs down.
Sinonimi:blanch · pale
To draw back or turn aside from lack of courage; flinch
To shrink or flinch.
Sinonimi:crawl · creep · cringe · fawn · grovel · huddle
To stoop by bending the knees; to crouch; to squat; hence, to sink through fear.
To back up; to yield part of one's advantage.
Sinonimi:fall back · retire
Sinonimi:draw back · drop off · fall back · fall behind · lose · move bac · pull away · pull back · retire · retreat · withdraw
ETYM Pref. re- + cede. Related to Recede.
1. To move back and away from; SYN. fall back, retire.
2. To cede back to a former possessor.
Sinonimi:backfire · backlash · bounce · bound · cringe · flinch · funk · kick · kick back · quail · rebound · resile · reverberate · ricoche · shrink · spring · squinch · take a hop · wince
1. To start, bound, spring, or fall back; to take a reverse motion; to be driven or forced backward.
2. To draw back, as from anything repugnant, distressing, alarming; to shrink
Sinonimi:cringe · flinch · funk · quai · recoil · shrink · squinch
To make a face indicating disgust or dislike.