1. To be in the banking business.
2. To cover with ashes, of fires, to control the rate of burning.
3. To do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank
4. To enclose with a bank
5. To tip laterally; of boats and aircraft.
6. To make slope; said especially of a turn on a highway or racetrack
ETYM Old Eng. picchen; akin to Eng. pick, pike.
1. To erect and fix firmly in place, especially at an angle.
2. To erect and fasten; SYN. set up.
3. To throw, especially in certain sports (e.g. baseball).
4. To set to a certain pitch, as of an instrument or one's voice.
5. To cause to be at a particular level.
6. (Nautical) To have the bow rise and fall sharply because of rough seas.