ETYM Latin accessorius. Related to Access, Accessary.
Relating to something that is added but is not essential; SYN. adjunct, ancillary, adjuvant, appurtenant, auxiliary, subsidiary.
1. Aiding and abetting in a crime
2. Furnishing added support
ETYM Cf. French épisodique. Related to Episode.
1. Limited in duration to a single episode.
2. Occurring or appearing at usually irregular intervals; SYN. occasional.
3. Of writing or narration; divided into or composed of episodes.
1. Not of prime or central importance; SYN. nonessential.
2. (Sometimes followed by 'to') Minor or casual or subordinate in significance or nature or occurring as a chance concomitant or consequence; SYN. incident.