ETYM AS. crybb; akin to OS. kribbja, Dutch krib, kribbe, Dan. krybbe, German krippe, and perh. to Mid. High Germ. krebe basket, G, korb, and Eng. rip a sort of wicker basket.
Child's bed with high sides; SYN. cot.
1. A support for displaying various articles; SYN. stand.
2. Framework for holding objects.
3. An instrument of torture that stretches, disjoints or mutilates victims; SYN. wheel.
4. Rib section of a forequarter of veal or pork or especially lamb or mutton.
5. A rapid gait of a horse in which each foot strikes the ground separately; SYN. single-foot.