ETYM French généreux, from Latin generous of noble birth, noble, excellent, magnanimous, from genus birth, race: cf. Italian generoso. Related to Gender.
1. More than adequate.
2. Not petty in character and mind.
3. Willing to give and share unstintingly.
ETYM Latin magnanimus; magnus great + animus mind. Related to Magnate, and Animus.
1. Great of mind; elevated in soul or in sentiment; raised above what is low, mean, or ungenerous; of lofty and courageous spirit.
2. Dictated by or exhibiting nobleness of soul; honorable; noble; not selfish.
3. High-minded; noble; generous and forgiving.
1. Having high moral qualities; SYN. solid, upstanding, worthy.
2. Having or showing or indicative of high or elevated character
3. Inert especially toward oxygen
4. Of or belonging to or constituting the hereditary aristocracy especially as derived from feudal times