1. A confusion of activity and gossip.
2. Sound of rapid vibration.
copy / kɑːpi /
Sinonimi: written matter
ETYM French copie, from Latin copia abundance, number, Late Lat. also, a transcript; co- + the root of opes riches. Related to Opulent, Copious.
1. An imitation or reproduction of an original.
2. Material suitable for a journalistic account.
3. Matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials; SYN. written matter.
ETYM Cf. French rapport. Related to Report.
1. A short account of the news; SYN. news report, story, account, write up.
2. A written document describing the findings of some individual or group; SYN. study.
3. The act of informing by verbal report; SYN. account.
4. A sharp explosive sound (especially the sound of a gun firing).
tidings / taɪdɪŋz /
witting / wɪtɪŋ /
1 chiefly dialect; knowledge or awareness of something; cognizance
2 chiefly dialect; information obtained or communicated; news