1. Containing little excess; SYN. skimpy.
2. Not fat; skinny; trim.
3. Lacking in mineral content or combustible material.
4. Not profitable or prosperous.
5. (Metallurgy) Low in mineral content.
ETYM as. lîthe, for linthe tender, mild, gentle; akin to German lind, gelind, Old High Germ. lindi, Icel. linr, Latin lenis soft, mild, lentus flexible, and as. linnan to yield. Related to Lenient.
Flexible and graceful.
1. Having a slim or delicate build; not stout or massive in body; lacking in strength or substance; flimsy, frail; deficient in weight, solidity, or importance; trivial.
2. Small of its kind or in amount.