1. Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
2. Take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
3. Come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
4. Locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
5. Win something through one's efforts
6. Gain knowledge or skills
7. Gain through experience
8. To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own
9. Obtain; gain; come into possession of. acquired immune deficiency syndrome, AIDS.
captivate / kæptɪvet /
1. To take prisoner; to capture; to subdue.
2. To acquire ascendancy over by reason of some art or attraction; to fascinate; to charm.