1. To prevent from entering; keep out; SYN. debar, exclude.
2. To secure with, or as if with, bars.
batten down / ˈbætn̩ ˈdaʊn /
To fasten down with battens, as the tarpaulin over the hatches of a ship during a storm.
block / blɑːk /
1. To interrupt the normal function of by means of anesthesia.
2. To run on a block system.
3. To shape by using a block:.
4. To shape into a block or blocks.
5. To shut out from view.
6. To stamp or emboss a title or design on a book with a block.
7. To support, secure, or raise with a block.
button up / ˈbʌtn̩ ʌp /
cloister / klɔɪstər /
1. To seclude from the world in or as if in a cloister.
2. To surround with a cloister, as of a garden.
In a convent or monastery, a covered walkway, usually surrounding and opening on to a courtyard. The church would be linked to other areas of the convent or monastery via the cloisters.
1. To become closed; SYN. shut.
2. To bar access to
3. To fill or stop up; SYN. fill, fill up.
4. To move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; SYN. shut.
5. To finish or terminate; of meetings, speeches, etc.
6. To unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of
7. To bring together all the elements or parts of:
8. To cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop.
9. To cease to operate or cause to cease operating
11. To come together, as if in an embrace; SYN. come together.
12. To complete a business deal, negociation, or an agreement
13. To draw near:
14. To engage at close quarters
ETYM French enclos, p. p. of enclore to enclose; pref. en- (Latin in) + clore to close. Related to Close, Inclose, Include.
1. To close in or confine; SYN. hold in, confine.
2. To surround completely; SYN. inclose, shut in.
enfold / ɪnfoʊld /
1. To cover with or as if with folds; envelop
2. To surround with a covering; contain
3. To clasp within the arms; embrace
1. Ukloniti prozor sa ekrana u grafičkom operativnom sistemu.
2. Završiti rad na dokumentu, ukloniti ga sa ekrana (i po želji) upisati na disk.
3. Napustiti program
4. Programska komanda za završavanje radova na nekoj otvorenoj datoteci uz upisivanje podataka na disk i oslobađanje ručice datoteke iz operativnog sistema.
close / kloʊz /
1. To end an application’s relationship with an open file so that the application will no longer be able to access the file without opening it again.
2. To end a computer’s connection with another computer on a network.