(Irregular preterit, past participle: threw, thrown).
1. To project through the air.
2. To put into a state or activity hastily, suddenly, or carelessly; throw the car into reverse.
3. To make on a potter's wheel; of pottery.
4. To cause to fall; to cause to fall off; unseat; to get the better of; overcome.
5. To fling (oneself) precipitately; to drive or impel violently; dash.
6. To put in a particular position or condition; to put on or off hastily or carelessly; to bring to bear; exert; build, construct.
7. To form or shape on a potter's wheel.
8. To deliver (a blow) in or as if in boxing.
9. To twist two or more filaments of into a thread or yarn.
10. To make a cast of (dice or a specified number on dice); roll.
11. To give up; abandon.
12. To send forth; project ; also; shed 3c.
13. To make (oneself) dependent; commit (oneself) for help, support, or protection.
15. To perform (as a stunt) successfully.
14. To indulge in; give way to.
16. To bring forth; to give birth to.
17. To lose intentionally.
18. To move (a lever) so as to connect or disconnect parts of a clutch or switch; also; to make or break (a connection) with a lever; to put (an automobile) in a different gear especially quickly or suddenly.
19. To give by way of entertainment.
20. Cast, hurl.