ETYM Latin mundanus, from mundus the world, an implement, toilet adornments, or dress; cf. mundus, a., clean, neat, Skr. mand to adorn, dress, manda adornment. Related to Monde, Mound in heraldry.
1. Belonging to this earth or world; not ideal or heavenly; SYN. terrene.
2. Concerned with the world or worldly matters; SYN. terrestrial.
Worldly; earthly; everyday; secular.
sublunary / səbluːnəriː /
Under the moon; of this world; earthly; terrestrial
Of the world; terrestrial.
1. Concerned with secular rather than sacred matters; SYN. worldly.
2. Not eternal.
3. Of or relating to or limited by time
4. Of or relating to the temples (the sides of the skull behind the orbit)
5. Of the material world
6. Of this earth or world
7. Indicating time when
8. Pertaining to time; earthly; secular; pertaining to temples of head.
temporary / tempəreri /
ETYM Latin temporarius, from tempus, temporis, time: cf. French temporaire.
Lasting for a time only; existing or continuing for a limited time; not permanent.