/ waɪtɪŋ /
Množina reči whiting je whitings.
Merlangus merlangus · Gadus merlangus
ETYM From White.
1. A food fish of European Atlantic waters resembling the cod; sometimes placed in genus Gadus; SYN. Merlangus merlangus, Gadus merlangus.
2. A small fish of the genus Sillago; excellent food fish.
3. Any of several food fishes of North American coastal waters.
4. Flesh of a cod-like fish of European Atlantic waters.
5. Flesh of any of a number of slender food fishes especially of Atlantic coasts of North America.
Any of various edible marine bony fishes, especially the silver hake and various kingfishes, genus Menticirrhus.