ETYM Latin adultus, p. p. of adolescere, akin to alere to nourish: cf. French adulte. Related to Adolescent, Old.
(Of animals) Fully developed; SYN. big, full-grown, fully grown, grown, grownup.
Designed to arouse lust
1. Used of societies; having high industrial development; SYN. highly-developed.
2. Being changed over time so as to be e.g. stronger or more complete or more useful.
3. (Of real estate) Made more useful and profitable as by building or laying out roads.
dry behind the ears / ˈdraɪ bəˈhaɪnd ði ˈɪrz /
Množina reči dry behind the ears je dry behind the ears.
1. Having a full and pleasing flavor through proper aging; SYN. mellowed.
2. Having attained to kindliness or gentleness through age and experience; SYN. mellowed.
3. Having or suggesting softness and richness in quality; SYN. mellowing.